View Single Post

I suspect that sometimes a larger IC dose not help with the temps but may reduce air flow restriction. If the IC is not a restriction there would be no gain, it could hurt spool time and or have other impacts.

I suspect for most CIS 3.3T's the blown-6 is on the large side but do not know that for sure.

I love the 91-94 C2 Turbo IC. I think it is as good in may was as any of the aftermarket units but do not know if it is vastly superior or even a significant improvement over any of them thought I would like to think so.

Porsche & Andial felt for some reason that they needed to put a larger core in them for there 1992 C2 Turbo when they targeted IMSA racing. Thus, they made the larger core intercooler part of there limited production S2 Turbo package along with cams & K27-7006 turbo when offered to the public to qualify it. Thus, Porsche/Andial saw a need for a built CIS 3.3 that probably made in the 400fwhp range to have a larger IC on there C2 Turbo based production race cars.

On the other hand, RUF seemed very happy to use it in its stock form on many of there single turbo EFI 3.6 conversion kits with some making in excess of 425hp I believe.

Still, it is a great IC and has what looks to be ideal end tank designs. Except for the exit tank return pipe, the Mode is mostly a pumped up adaption of the C2Turbo IC.

Last edited by 911st; 10-19-2009 at 01:36 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)