Thread: BOOST Question
View Single Post

Garage
BOOST Question

I am having difficulties reading/understanding my boost reading. First off, I have a supercharged car, but as someone pointed out boost is boost !!!

My clock is a VDO reading in inch of mercury to the left and boost in lbs to the right (common I know), and I belive to be hook up properly, was done by PO who had the whole system done by SOK I belive.

My problem,... I am seeing boost up to 5 to 5.5 lbs only in acceleration, once I am up to speed regardless of rpm my boost always level off down to 12-14 inch of mercury, therefore vaccum. Is this normal,... ? I've read somewhere that some are reading boost even at idle.
There was a thread posted not long ago about how some of the 930 guys are reading boost miles on end or until gas tank is empty.

Now I am wondering f I have a bad gauge, hook up at the wrong place, or my best guess I am leaking air somewhere.

The car pull strong while under boost, but not as much as it should as I was told by others. Can someone describe to me what should I be seeing or expecting from my boost gauge under normal operation: ie: when boost comes on, and should it stay, how about deceleration and cruising speed.

Any help would be great

thanks

Stephan
2004 BMW R1100S BCR
2012 Audi TTS - APR Stage II
Old 10-20-2009, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)