View Single Post

Garage
The number on the part in question is 054 which, I believe, is the same as a 78-89. It has worked fine, up till now. Now, my rebuild was around 3 years ago and up till now the car has run great. The mods are moderate.. 964 cams, boat-tailed and shuffle pinned cases, garretson IC, 1.0 spring. I have a garrett t36 turbo, however it's in need of a rebuild so at the moment I have the stock k26 installed (a little slow to spool but it has a nice whistle sound). If Casey's findings point back to the WUR, then I guess I'll go back with the same part number. I'll keep you posted.

As for the AFRs with headers installed. I messed with bikes many years ago and the first thing I would do is buy a set of headers, K&N filters and a jet kit. Without doing the re-jetting the bike would run like a turd. However, for the car We just richened the mixture a bit.

Oh sorry. The symptoms? When the turbo spools up the AF goes so rich that the car just spits and coughs and blows a lot of black smoke. Idle goes to around 1200 rpm

Man I love this spell check thing

Last edited by TAF; 10-20-2009 at 07:53 AM..
Old 10-20-2009, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)