View Single Post

The C2 WUR is just an improved 3.3T unit. It is indipendent of any electronics.

You bring up in interesting point. The Lambda O2 style systems can compensate for altitude at cruse but not on boost.

Again, I suspect what is most relevant is the boost level you are running. I believe the stock 3.0 was something like .6 bar. The 3.3's were near .8 bar. With your Intercooler and lower compression I suspect you are running more like a 3.3T in terms of boost and you will need the increase in on boost fuel that the 3.3 WUR is going to give you. If you are running 1.1 bar like a 6.5/1 CR motor can, I would get the modified WUR with lower CR on boost. Otherwise you may have to run fat at idle and cruse to get the fuel you need on boost.

Let's put it this way. If I were you and I could have my old WUR rebuilt and modified I would do so. If I had the money, wanted the best, and or liked to go from sea level up into the mountains and above the snow line often, I would go with the C2T. Or, if I could get a new 3.3 for a good price, that would be a contender.

But I am probably over thinking this.

Not and expert, just what I believe so far.

Last edited by 911st; 10-20-2009 at 11:16 AM..
Old 10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)