View Single Post

ertech: Car only has the aux air slide valve, NO gold discs. Your issue may have been the same but the cause here is different.

Jfairman: Air sensor pivot has been de-gummed with carb cleaner. I did that when I removed the entire unit and separated the fuel dist. from the housing. There was some varnish around the pivot, but operation was still very smooth. I completely flushed that area out and the pivot moves just as freely as before, NO change in surge was noted.

Vacuum leaks to me would indicate a lean condition at idle? Correct or not? If so, how does that conicide with a rich condition surge?

Inconsistent control pressure regulator? You mean faulty WUR? Been rebuilt by Leask less than a year ago, and it ran fine after the install. I guess it could go bad, but pretty unlikely. Obviously though, I wont rule anything out.

What REALLY gets me is I can stop the surge if I play with the gas pedal a little bit. A slight rev to around 1500rpm and let off a little slowly it will idle ROCK SOLID like a normal car.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)