View Single Post

Mark: Funny you mention those 2 tips. I knew I forgot some stuff the background section of my first post because I have done so much to get rid of this issue! I have completely removed the throttle body and sprayed out all passages, including removing the idle screw for cleaning. Nothing serious noticed and no change after reassembly. It has also occurred to me that if the throttle was being hung open for any reason, wouldnt that just give me a high idle and not a surge? Regardless though, I have also checked all linkages and verified the throttle plate does return to its rest position against its linkage stop, even while it surges. All return springs are tight and in place as well.

Ive also ran numerous bottles of chevron techron fuel injector and fuel system cleaner (not at the same time) as well as the tried and true "top engine cleaner" from GM. That stuff comes in a little bottle that you add to a bigger bottle of techron, then add to the fuel tank along with a fresh fill. It works great at mostly cleaning carbon buildup out of the combustion chambers, but does clen other areas/components as well. I have verified results with a 5 gas analyzer before (on other cars) and I swear by the stuff. As I type this, yet another bottle of techron fuel injector cleaner is mixed with the gas thats in the car from my last fill up.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)