View Single Post

J: I have tried warm cp's from 3.4 to 3.7 with no change. It runs best at 3.4 (albeit a little rich at cruise) due to it giving me the ideal afr just prior to the rpm delay at 4k rpm. If I raise it, the afr is just a bit on the lean side (IMO) prior to 4K...so 3.4 is where it looks best. Does the warm cp have an effect on idle (obviously to a certain extent)? I can adjust the afr at idle independently with the CO screw. If im misunderstanding this, please fill me in.

Height of the sensor plate is possible, but its never been touched and this surge did not occur with the old K27HFS, or the old 3LDZ prior to that. Very strange, but it could have fallen out of its adjustment. Again, I doubt, but its possible.

And yes Mark, its VERY strange how I can get it to stop every time I play with the pedal. Sometimes I have to play with the pedal a few times, and sometimes just once, but I can get it to stop fairly quickly. Let me tell you, Ive gotten good at it too! Its annoying as hell sitting at a light and having it surge! haha. I thought for sure that would tip someone off as to what it is. I guess not..

Last edited by DailyDriven'88; 10-20-2009 at 08:42 PM..
Old 10-20-2009, 08:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)