View Single Post

[QUOTE=JFairman;4964824]

I have adjusted my WUR to have these AFR's with the IA modified fuel head when warmed up:
Around 14.5:1 at a steady 30-40mph cruise for decent gas mileage.
Around 13.9-14.1 at idle. Just about exactly where I have mine set. 14.2 steady cruise, 13.8 to 14.0 at idle. And I still have the stock fuel head and cams.

The modified flowtech IA fuel head and B.L. adjustable WUR were almost $1000 together and that plus the AFR gauge and rpm switch/vacuum solenoid and time spent adjusting things over and over are enough time and money spent on the AFR subject for me.QUOTE] Well said Jim! Before I started adding all the CIS "bandaids" and on-board AFR gauges, I felt better. Now, I've got too much information, forcing me to always seek the perfection that CIS will never deliver. Sometimes too much information is too much.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)