View Single Post

Hi:

I have been reading and learning from all of you for more than 10 years. My car is a 1985 Carrera cabriolet and converted to turbo 7 years ago with a Protomotive on the side kit (J-pipe), intercooled at 0.7 Bar with no issues, until now. It recently started to smoke on deceleration badly, so I am in the process of buying parts for the dissasembly (to correct oil leaks also) and rebuild the heads (valve guides).
So here is the "while you are in there" plan:
1) Change bearings
2) Put GT2 Evo camshafts (if they can be used in the 3.2)
3) Lower the compression a bit by means of cylinder base gaskets and turbo head gaskets (like the Protomotive Stage 2).
4) Eliminate the intercooler and run water/methanol injection because I need the AC back. Here in Puerto Rico is very hot and rainy.
5) Put a high flow fuel pump.
6) Change from Dilavar to steel.

So the question is: If I lower the compression to about 8.8:1 and run water/methanol, no intercooler, can I run about 0.8 Bar for very short runs? I don't track the car and it sees full boost for very short periods (seconds). Do I need to remap the chip?

Thanks in advance for your attention, and here is the obligatory photo.
Francisco Soto
Old 10-22-2009, 03:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)