View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriven'88 View Post
Real interesting set up you have there. I guess it REALLY goes to show how different each 930 can be. Man, if I try a 4800 chip, I'd be lean for quite a while before enrichment kicks in. Can you tell me what your afr is from 4000-4800rpm at WOT?

On a dyno pull for mine, I see peak torque occur at exactly 4k rpm.
Oops...correction, I'm running with a 4600 chip. It progressively lowers as the rpm's build and is around 12.4 well before 4600 rpms. Everything happens so quicky that it's hard to visually plot stuff while blasting down the road.

Sure would be nice to put her on a dyno some day, but my guess is the nearest one is over 100 miles away and I don't know of a tuner familiar with the 930 (other than myself) around here. I run the car, listen closely, feel how it's performing, watch the data stream, and tune accordingly. I think these cars are quite a bit more forgiving than we're often lead to believe, especially for a street driven car, but if I were a dedicated trackster running full-on boost for extended periods, I would want to entrust it to a dyno and professional tuner for safety sake.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-22-2009, 09:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)