View Single Post

I was seeing 12.6 to 12.7 prior to my 4k switchover at 3.75 cp and IMO thats a little bit too lean, especially with a faster spooling turbo and where the torque curve is. It did give me a good crusing afr though. So I lowered it and lowered it and ended up at 3.4 cp, and now Im at about 12.3 afr now before 4k. Cruise afrs are a bit down, but under WOT everything looks good. I have been doing a TON of searching on here and looking at dyno graphs that have afr plots. It seems lots of folks are delaying the enrichment well into the 4k rpm range (as you are) but all the afr's prior to that are in the 13's! Something to note though, on the dyno it was set at 3.7, and it sounded good and pulled good. IMO that goes to show you not everything can be felt or heard.

And yes, everything does happen quickly! I use an LM2 and thats where the record feature is real nice.

I also think you are true when saying that they are a bit more forgiving than we like to think. Its risky business though, as errors or mistakes on our part can be costly!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)