View Single Post
Wer bremst verliert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
Is that a Lysholm or Autorotor unit? I only heard the best about Lysholm hardware. (maybe Autorotor bought Lysholm?).

Regarding SC, it is possible that unit was a tad too small and subjected to revs/heat/load which thrashed the bearings and let lobes contact the housing.
Yes, I'd heard only the same. I was fortunately datalogging and the unit only had ~ 3 hours lazy dyno time and 3 laps around Wakefield park so it wasnt worn. I was datalogging at the time and my RPM was ~5000, which put the supercharger at 10,000 rpm, well short of its rated 13,000 continuous max according to the manufacturer.

I am not happy with the manufacturer or retailer now. At first they said something must have been sucked into the unit, but when I shipped it back (at a cost of $350!) they couldnt find anything. Now they are asking suspicious questions about the bypass system and throttle size. They are fishing for excuses not to warranty. Plus its taken 3 months to get a new unit in my hands. Autorotor bought Opcon.
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 10-22-2009, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)