View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriven'88 View Post
It seems lots of folks are delaying the enrichment well into the 4k rpm range (as you are) but all the afr's prior to that are in the 13's!
I think many are able to get away with a longer delay (4800-5000 rpm...and some even higher) before boost enrichment because the risk of detontation becomes more of an issue at the higher rpm echalons. Besides, you really don't want full boost enrichment giving you 10.0 AFR's at 3000 rpms just because you've got full boost and the WUR is doing it's thing early. Just robs you of power. Such is my understanding, anyway, of the logic behind it all.

So your AFR's may seem a little high on full boost (especially with the faster spooling turbos) but your rpm's haven't caught up yet. With my setup I could go with a higher rpm pill (and I did for awhile run with a 4800) because my turbo isn't really getting with the program until around 3800...and it takes only a second to get from 3800 to 4800 and the boost enrichment to begin.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)