View Single Post

In 2nd gear, just rodding the crap out of it (for me, that's just over 6 grand), I see about 11.5

I wish I could help with your weird surge problem. I had a surge at steady cruise 25 mph that drove me nuts, but just had to tweak the mixture screw on the fuel head. That was in the very early days way before I knew squat about these cars and just didn't have the mix right. You've got a lot of good input here, but also have pretty much ruled out everything. Try stuffing a gas soaked rag down the fuel tank and torching it when all else fails.

Just curious: Have you put a timing light on when it's doing the funky chicken? I wonder if your timing is dancing around appreciably. Could be an erradic vacuum retard signal getting to the dizzy...retarding, then advancing rythmically. Why, God only knows. Leaky diaphram in your advance/retard can attached to the dizzy? And I can't remember if you're running with all Lambda O2 emissions crap or not (O2 sensor, electrical solenoid and/or temperature sensitive valve to the vacuum lines to the dizzy, frequency valve that leans her out based on the sensor input, etc.). Major long shots....
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 10-22-2009 at 05:25 PM..
Old 10-22-2009, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)