View Single Post

At this point, Im all about long shots! I have not put a light on it to see what the timing is doing. If i had to guess though, it would probably be moving just like the afr does when its surging. I will confirm that though this weekend. I had the entire dizzy apart 6 months ago for a general cleaning and lube. At that time, I made sure the diaphram held vacuum, which it did. I will also re-confirm. Car ran fine afterwards.

No O2, but the dizzy does have the thermo valve and the other switch still inline with the vacuum lines. I believe they are working correctly. The idle will kick down after a minute or so during cold starts. I believe thats one of the functions of either one, or both, of those dizzy devices? Can I simply leave those items out of the loop for testing purposes? I think the answer is yes but just double checking. Frequency valve still installed. How do you check its function?

I also want to say that I dont mean to or want it to look like I'm shooting people's suggestions down (in a rude way) because when I say Ive checked everything, Im not kidding! The amount of research and testing Ive been through is no joke.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)