View Single Post

I did some research and found out that the metering plate hat was used in the Mercedes 190 2.5-16. This was a 4 cylinder high performance car that was a homologation special for DTM, the German touring car championship. The earlier model 2.3-16 which did not have the hat on the metering plate had shorter stroke, a little milder cams, more compression ratio and a thinner exhaust header. The bigger engine has 202 hp instead of 185 and that is comparable to the increase in capacity. Maybe Mercedes where running close to the limit of plate stall with 185hp already so they invented this trick to be able to continue to use the same injection? There was a special evolution model of this car with 30hp more and maybe it was only this one that had the plate mod? I will check on that. I will check if this car uses an 6 cylinder unit which it should. I also know someone who has an 450 SEL 6.9 and I will ask him if this mod was used on this older car. Below a link to some info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W201
Erland.

Last edited by Erland Cox; 10-22-2009 at 09:20 PM..
Old 10-22-2009, 09:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)