View Single Post
Outlaw 911

Thanks for the input guys...

Per 911ST - 14 psi would be a over the top - I am going to dial it down to 11psi - I want a good thermal and knock safety margin.

Turbo - looks like the K27- 7006 is a good choice. I like the idea of less back pressure and a bit more thermal safety margin. It will also deliver power up top.

I am going to run a H2O intercooler system - because I want to run a ducktail and the gen 1 turbo tail. I know this is a more complicated setup than A/A, but there are a number of additional reasons I want to go this direction.

I am still struggling with cam choice - the SC cams according to the group, will work great, but am limiting the power band to 6K? My gut is telling me NO. Underboost, the less agressive cams - (compared to 964) is not an issue in the upper RPM range (5K to 6.5K) - but I am a Turbo Cave Man (TCM) - or Boosted Knuckle Dragger (BKD).

It seems that a fresh 930 3.0L with SC cams, opened up ports/Carerra intake, dedicated turbo header setup (short primaries), a CR bump, electronic engine management, and a more modern turbo (not too big)/intercooler setup - it would have crisp off boost performance w/sparkling boosted performance. Put this setup in a 2400 lbs chassis with a G50 or built 915...should be fun.

On the subject of 915 boxes, I have read a lot of stuff on durability, but it seems like qty 3 915s can be built for the cost of one G50? Will a 915 hold up on the track? No smokey burn outs, no drag starts - just track work - am I foolling myself?

Outlaw 911
Old 10-23-2009, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)