View Single Post

They are very nice cars. My friend bought one in southern Germany and I drove it home to Sweden. I wouldn't mind having one myself. According to my source all the 2.5-16:s have them. He also says that the W124 300E-24 also has this mod. The 6.9 doesn't. He was going to check his manuals and also measure the plate diameter on the 2.5-16. It has a 4 cylinder fuel head but I guess that the metering plate is the 6 cylinder size. Does the Porsche have a V8 unit with a 110mm metering plate? I will try to take a look at the metering plate of a 300E-24 and see how big it is. My friend thinks he has one somewhere and probably Mercedes still sells them. They still stock Pankle titanium rods for the Evo versions of the 2.5-16. The first racing 2.3-16:s had K-jet, i believe up to 87 and electronic injection after that. They had around 270 hp with k-jet. I think Porsches metering plate is bigger than Mercedes though so this is only a link to where the special plates where used. I have a 911 SC and on that I used Splash Zone A-788 epoxy to reshape the inlet to the metering plate. No before and after dyno tests where done though. I am working on a Volvo 240 turbo with K-basic right now so I read through the thread to get some ideas. I need to double the stock output and I want to keep the K-jet. The plate hat and the probable added travel is something that I am going to try. Erland.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)