View Single Post

Poor hot running and starting

Hi I've got a 92 964 turbo.

It sat for 12 months whilst I waited to find time to put a clutch in it.

I put the clutch in and all back together started and ran great, good to driving it again!

I used it for a few short runs locally a few times just to make sure everything was well after it standing and then putting the new clutch in, all seemed fine.

I took it for a longer run (only 80 miles) one evening and all was good, parked and left it for 1 hour or so, went out in it to go get some food and it was running bad, coughing and backfiring all the time, if I held my foot down it would clear and eventually rev through but not happy.

I left it stand for a couple of hours then drove the 80 miles home again with no issues???

car stood for a few days, started great from cold, popped into town left it whilst in the shop for 10 mins and did not want to start again?

Struggled to get it home for 3 miles popping and banging lots of backfiring all the way.

It has been sat for 3 weeks until I had a chance to take a look today, I've checked for leaks around the intercooler, even sprayed carb cleaner, I'm pretty confidant there are no leaks, when I start it and drive from cold it runs and drives fine, as soon as it warms up it all goes wrong!!! leave it stand for an hour or so and starts and runs ok again.

Any ideas anyone?? I've tried searching and not come up with anything really that sounds like this problem!

Thanks

STEVE
Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)