View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
My two cents.

You have a lot of tire stagger and should benefit from being able to stiffen up the rear. You probably have a 22mm stock front bar.

I may have forgotten the Smart Racing bars sizes however you might try leaving the stock front it in place and just getting a Smart Racing 27mm rear bar. set up This will allow you to adjust your suspension and not have to mess with removing the gas tank up front to install a front through the trunk bar.

Nice thing about the Smart units is you can later steep up to a 23 ft w your 27 rear. Or move the rear bar its self to the front for a 27 front and get the 31 for the rear.

You probably should add a brace to the stock rear sway bar mounts.

The best.
Good advice. that is why i suggested SRP bars in my post. You can switch front and rear bars because they are designed to be interchangeable. You will definitely not need to weld anything with front SRP bars.
i would definitely get the WEVO rear sway bar mounts installed as any larger bar in back will tear the factory mounts eventually. usually as a surprise to you at a de event.
Fred
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 10-26-2009, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)