Thread: Vapor lock
View Single Post

Vapor lock problem solved

To all who responded and gave advices to this thread ,

Thank you very much. The mechanic & I were able to solve the vapor lock problem. We replaced the fuel accumulator and ignition coil w/c I got from pelican parts and the problem solved .Starts everytime hot or cold. The fuel accumulator I ordered is part no.911 110 197 01 instead of 911 110 197 02. The 01's physical dimensions is markedly smaller than the 02's.The reason I ordered the 01's instead of the 02's is because of the price difference. My mechanic was able to install it w/out any difficulty including the clamps but w/ some minor repositoning of the fuel hoses.I tested the car the whole day and the car starts everytime (15, 30 mins, sometimes 1-2 hour intervals). I will take the car for a 15 mins drive in the super hi way tomorrow mid day (when the weather here in our country is at its hottest) for further testing.Has anybody tried using the 01's instead of the correct for my model year (1989) 02's?

thanks again for your help,

tdh888
Old 10-26-2009, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)