View Single Post

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by beepbeep View Post
Rods will be fine (as long as you don't rev too high)
915 probably will not feel fine after a while. You might consider billet side plate and/or steel bearing carrier.
MSII is probably better deal than MSI. Then you can get rid of dizzy, use EDIS and have both timing and fuel in one box.
You will need custom intercooler as matching stock SC runners with 930 intercooler might be non-trivial.
GT turbo is a good choice. You will need to either mount it high and drain oil into chain cover or install 930 oil pump. Again, non-trivial.
Depending on boost and engine version, you will need new pistons as well (CR-wise).
SC brakes are on the margin even with stock engine so you might consider bigger items if you want to do more than street driving.

It might be cheaper to sell your SC engine and purchase Carrera engine to begin with so you don't have to re-invent injector rails etc.

What would you recommend as a reasonable rev limit?

If I were to sell my SC engine and purchase a Carrera engine, would the injection be the only benefit and are you knowledgeable as to the value of both engines?

I appreciate the input, it's helpful.

Chris
Old 10-27-2009, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)