View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris.lovell View Post
What would you recommend as a reasonable rev limit?

If I were to sell my SC engine and purchase a Carrera engine, would the injection be the only benefit and are you knowledgeable as to the value of both engines?

I appreciate the input, it's helpful.

Chris
With SC cams and turbo, you will probably make peak torque around 4000 RPM and peak HP around 6000 RPM. With 5-speed gearbox, I see no reason to rev past 6500RPM.

Regarding SC vs. Carrera engine, you will get injector rails and Carrera intake "free" if you chose Carrera engine. Carrera has identical crank and rods as 930 engine, so that's a non issue...(SC actually has even beefier rod bolts than 930/Carrera but as long as you keep rev limit under 6500 RPM, no worries).

Main issue is 915. It doesn't like torque and it will twist. Thus you must go for revs in order to transmit lot's of power trough it.

When I rethink all this, a complete G50 Carrera would be even better object to start with (money-wise). After you've reinforced your 915, found a Carrera intake etc. you would (arguably) spend as more money than if you were to sell your SC and buy a G50 Carrera and still have a dodgy old 915.

Regarding selling and buying 930, that will work too but 4-speed gearbox, CIS and narrow intake ports make it somewhat hard to tune.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)