View Single Post

"I belive the inducer and exducer's are mostly the same size."

I'm not a turbo expert either but I've gotten a small education from talking to Bob at Durabilt turbo and reading on the internet combined with my own expensive experiences with a certain K27 hybrid turbo.

Just wanted to try and make it clear that that the bearing housing and it's internal parts are the only section that is the same between a K27 7006 and 7200.
Looking at these two different K27 turbo's side by side it's very obvious to see that the turbine and turbine housing is bigger on the 7006 and you explained well what the result of that is.
The 7006 turbine housing, shaft, and bearings also run cooler than a 7200 because of the lower backpressure. The exhaust ports and exhaust valves and guides on the motor may run a little cooler with a 7006 under boost because of the lower back pressure too.

When looking at the "inducer" or entry area of the compressor wheels on the 7200 and 7006 they look similar, but the larger diameter part of the compressor wheel you can't see or "exducer" is different.
The 7006 compressor wheel is smaller than a 7200 compressor wheel but the 7006 turbo makes more horsepower than the 7200 on a 930.

compressor wheel:
Old 10-28-2009, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)