Thread: Dead Car
View Single Post

If you're using one of the newer silver color bosch coils that was made in Brazil, they are junk and will leave you stranded eventually.

I love the gorgeous down to earth and fun Brazilian women but those oil filled third world coils they make for bosch often last only a few months and often leak oil and burn out mounted upside down on a hot fan housing that is vibrating at constantly varying medium to high frequencies.
...totally bozo place to mount an oil filled ignition coil upside down or right side up in my opinion but it works for a while.

The epoxy encapsulated MSD high vibration blaster coil is highly rated and will hold up mounted on the fan housing and I've heard Permatune also makes an epoxy filled coil of good quality and will last in that location.

The origonal german made black painted oil filled bosch coils from years ago are known to be much better quality and more reliable than the new ones from south america.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)