View Single Post

JFairman

That sounds right.

Do you have the wheel specs?

I have never seen the two side by side. Some 7 or 8 years ago I used to have the specs and now that you mention it. I used to wonder what would happen of one put a 7200 compressor side on the 7006. Not a big change. I guess for the effort most go with a larger compressor wheel (HF & K29 quick spool's) in search of more efficiency on the compressor side and extended boost up top.

A more esoteric idea would be to put a larger hot side on the 7200. Some have played with clipping the hot side but I do not believe that is a good thing to do.

I suspect that when the ratio of the compressor wheel to turbine starts to get more extreme like with the HF's or K29 quick spool's, this slows the "spool time" from boost-on-set to full-boost and increases the pressure in the exhaust.

Good turbo tuners check the pressure in the primary exhaust section. That seems to be missing from the modified Porsche K27 group.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)