Thread: 930 Cutting out
View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oheggem View Post
I got this exact problem. Just when i get some boost (about .5-.6 bar) i get the "dash in my face". Really feels brutal and i got scared at first. Any conclusion on this? Mine is set to 0.8 bar.
Feeling lucky today? Disconnect the single wire from the overboost switch located on the boost recirculation piston assembly, and ground that wire. If you are confident that your wastegate has been and is working properly - and that you have not experienced any overboost situations in the past - then take her out and run up some boost. If the switch is the culprit, your boost should now go as high as your wastegate spring allows. Watch the boost gauge very closely, since disconnecting that switch will inactivate your overboost protection. You must be sure that your gauge reading of .5-.6 isn't really something much higher. If gauge accuracy is suspect, don't try this approach!

Alternatively, take the overboost switch off the car, attach an ohm meter to it, and apply gradual pressure to the small hole. It should produce an open circuit at around 1.2 bar.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 10-28-2009 at 02:03 PM..
Old 10-28-2009, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)