View Single Post

These cars feel most at home with a DIY owner. The cost and availability of knowledgable professionals are big factors. In part, that's why this forum exists. Lurk here long enough, ask enough questions and do enough searches, and you'll soon gain the knowledge. Buy a few recommended books to better understand the car and it's fueling system, and you'll have her licked.

Daily driver? Yes, why not. These need to be driven...sitting all alone just pisses them off and they break down on you. Daily driver? Mine is!

Snow: That topic has been covered here (some have regular experience. In my opinion, not the best machine for snow - a bit light in the front.

Yearly maintenance cost has been discussed here as well. So much depends on how "free" the labor is. Read this to get an idea 930 Maintaince Cost

What to look out for? I don't think there's anything in particular that stands out as a "problem" with these cars. More important is how they've been treated before you lay down the green. Complete service history is a real selling point. Do get a PPI performed.

Finally, buy one while the market is down. Not for an investment, but for driving and wrenching enjoyment.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)