View Single Post
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsePerVita View Post
So I've been saving for a while and have been wanting a 930 and plan on pulling the trigger. But here's the thing, I'm a DIY kind of guy. I have several sportbikes and a 944 and 924, all of which i do every single piece of maintenance on them myself.

The 930 is really what I would like to get, and I'll probably pick one up this next year..... IF... and here's the if....

My questions are:

- What are the major challenges in maintaining these cars?
Quote:
[ Buying the right part for the right price and avoiding the urge to buy upgrades that are advertised as "bolt-on.]
- Having no previous experience with forced induction, how feasible is it to pick up the learning curve to properly maintain it?
Quote:
[Doesn't take long to burn a motor - stick with stock settings and learn how to drive it before you start tinkering with more power.]
- Is there anything to look out for specifically on these cars when buying, such as catastrophic telltale signs of "don't buy me!" besides the normal car inspection type thing? For instance things they are prone to?
Quote:
[Pay for a prepurchase inspection - the list is long.]
- How feasible are they for a daily?
Quote:
[If you do your own work, then not too bad.]
- How well do they handle in snow?
Quote:
[Probably piss poor - this coming from a guy in GA. I'm very careful of mine in rain.]
- What would you say you do on a YEARLY basis in maintenance on these cars to keep them at optimal shape?
Quote:
[Make something up - it's all over the place because most of us can't seem to stay satisfied with the power and handling it already has. And yet others must have the latest $15 per quart oil and $15 per spark plug religiously changed every 3000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first.]
Old 10-28-2009, 06:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)