View Single Post

Ahhh...the puzzle pieces begin to reveal themselves. I absolutely hate intermittent problems and would rather it stopped cold and never ran at all, so I can systematically find the issue. Otherwise, it becomes a witch hunt.

I remember many years ago a baffling problem with an old Jag I had; she would stop cold after about 30 minutes of driving, then start back up only after cooling down for an hour. Makes a trip to the grocery store last way too long. I figured it had to be one of the many emissions sensors, and had my suspicions on two or three, but needed the damn thing to act up so I could test with an ohm meter. I prayed for the day that it would stop in my driveway, with close access to all my tools, etc. Finally, my prayers were answered and a half hour later I found a bad sensor.

At least you've narrowed it way down to ignition. Coil or CDI (or whatever the 964's have for ignition control). Loose wires maybe, but it sounds to be temperature sensitive which would lead me to believe electronics failure. Or....how about a sensor?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 10-29-2009 at 05:38 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)