View Single Post

Garage
I think if you go back to the beginning and look at the pictures you can answer most of your questions. Assuming you use a similar turbo you will be able to mount it high enough to drain the oil back into the left chain cover. My installation has no oil drainage issues.

After driving this engine it began to leak at all the major o-ring seals, including those on the oil tank so I pulled it again. I found all were hardened and leaking - they were 36 years old. The engine and oil tank are resealed and I hope to reinstall both sometime this next week.

This shot shows how the left bank HE was modified to allow a good entry into the turbine inlet flange. On this engine the right bank HE was a new(er) SSI and the left HE was stock an it was toast so there was nothing lost by removing the rusted heat shrouding. The single HE on the right is coupled to provide defrost and some heat. This car will probably never need full heating capability so I thought it an acceptable compromise and saves $500. You can also see the drain fabrications.

Last edited by copbait73; 12-04-2009 at 04:24 PM..
Old 10-29-2009, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)