View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Sure you will know. Drive a mildly modified 930 with stock heat exchangers. Now swap out to shorty headers and drive the car. Now swap to my headers and drive the car.
I've done it. There is a difference. My car now drives like a 3.2L Carrera until the mid-2000rpm range when boost hits and the tires break loose.
There is more to the story than simple tube length. Volume, transition, merging and velocity are key. Turbo selection and cams are a huge influence in driving characteristics.
It is difficult to see improved driveability on a dyno but I plan to do just that when my car gets back on the road.
Heat exchangers will not be an after thought. I need real heat not this luke warm crap that most aftermarket systems call heat. When I DE the car in January with the windows down and have to turn the heat down I'll know we have reached our goal.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)