View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
...It is difficult to see improved drive-ability on a dyno...
Brian,

Again, I love what you are doing.

I would think there is no reason a proper dyno test could not help document your personal observations about experiencing an increase in pre-boost pull /HP.

It would just require starting the dyno run from something close to 1000rpm. It would not even have to be a full pull.

My hope being there is some type of monitoring or control for changes in AFR's, actual boost achieved, and inter-cooler exit temp's in some way. We all know that 930's can respond significantly to changes in any of these.

If the AFR's and boosted air temps are stable, and there is a notable increase in HP before boost onset, that would document any increase in pre-boost HP and be way--way cool.

As I kind of implied, design can win over concept.

Thus, while we may volley on concepts or theoretical conclusions to some degree, I am not in any way doubting your observations!

Unfortunately there have been so many performance clams made in the name of exhaust over the years...

Even without any tests, if I were building by next 930 at this time, I would probably want a set your headers.

ps, I to never has any problem with heat on my B&B's. I did have to have the Y at the turbo re-welded and this I suspect may have cost me my K29 and may also eaten my early K27HF prototype.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)