View Single Post
Large Member

Garage
buddy's selling his Guards '79 - $22k, in CT

A heads up to ya'll here, I'm helping my non-forum friend get the word out about his car.

Longtime local Pnut friend of mine's decided to move on from another 930 (he's had 2 prior), as he finally succumbs to a barnful of 914s and a daughter going off to college.

(this is also my friend who has that '78 Targa 3.0 Martini btw)

'79, Guards w/ blk sport seats. Odo says ~ 130's, but the motor was recently redone maybe 10k ago. While the paint is merely 'ok' (it's not great but it's not bad), the motor is the value here.

here's some off the top of me head stats:

- ARP rod bolts
- knife edged crank
- port matched intake
- Electromotive crank fired ignition
- Euro fuel system / lines
- Kokeln intercooler
- Powerhaus intake
- DP muffler
- GHL headers
- KKK 7200
- Centerforce clutch / some lightweight flywheel

930 box was redone too, shifts like butter
red stitched Momo wheel and blk Momo knob
brand new General Exclaim UHP tires

Car goes like friggin STINK compared to my relative stocker. Absurd, explosive power. Runs silky smooth, throttle response is *stellar*. Really love that set up.

A great car for someone good with paint, and a real solid rewarding driver. Def no show car but it's clean, solid, straight, and the motor rocks.

issues I know of:

- white smoke @ 'some' start ups (but not all) - sometimes a fare amount
- front end in need of rebush

Here's some random shots of it in my garage last time he was over - sorry it's all I've got right now (his is on right):

HTH someone - email me s8editor at s-cars dot org and I'll get you in touch with him. He hates to see it go but knows he'll just get another.

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 10-30-2009, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)