View Single Post
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I do plan to dyno the headers and overlay the graphs but I don't expect to see much. The difficulty I was referring to is that a more smooth torque curve or a torque curve that is slightly more aggressive does not jump out at you on paper due to the scale of the graph.
A good example is graphing a common turbo swap. When I swap a 3LDZ for a K27S and overlay the graphs the change looks rather unremarkable while the driving experience change is HUGE. I circle a small area from 2000-3000rpm and show this to the owner. See this area right here? You now have 100 ft/lb more torque there than before the swap. Doesn't look like much on paper but it is huge on the road.

I do agree with you Keith that we are talking relatively small changes. Headers are not the best bang for the buck but they are an important component to achieve a rounded performance package.

As for heat I have tried GHL and B&B. Neither did as good a job as the stock exchangers. Stock exchanger heat is my goal. It is fair to also note that my car runs cool. It never gets much past 180F and in the winter the oil struggles to hit 160F in off boost driving.

Last edited by RarlyL8; 10-30-2009 at 09:57 PM..
Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)