View Single Post

Spence,

Just a thought. If you find that by stiffening the rear with coilovers your car over-steers significantly more which is what one would expect unless the front is stiffened to match.

You might try running without a rear sway bar and better yet, add a much stronger front sway or increase the spring rate up front to.

In my mind our suspension's have three types of wheel spring rates.

The first is one where a wheel on only one side hits a bump or pot hole. This spring rate is from a combination of the spring and sway bar acting together. I like to call this "in bump:.

The second is the squat and pitch that comes from acceleration and braking. This is the spring rate only from the springs as the sway bars do not do anything.

The third is "in sway" where the springs and are active and both sides of the sway bar being worked with one wheel going up and one going down.

If my numbers are correct you doubled your spring rate as it relates to squat which is what you wanted.

However, you have moved you sway rates from about 53/47% front/rear (19/25 w 22/21)combined spring rate to about 32/68%. This should make for a tail happy set up.

By removing your rear sway bar you will keep the squat improvement you wanted and move to about a 43/57% balance. A stock 930 is about 53/47% ft/rr so you should still be on the tail happy side but not as much.

On top of this, removing your rear sway bar should also benifit you acceleration traction in a drag race type.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)