Thread: dual zork??
View Single Post
JFairman JFairman is offline
Registered User
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 7,277
Those are Supertrapp stack on diffusers on the ends of the pipes or an asian copy of them.
You can add or subtract diffuser discs that are held in place with allen head bolts and change the amount of sound level and backpressure with them. They are a type of tunable muffler.

They are usually used on the ends of supertrap straight through aluminum and stainless glass pack mufflers and were popular on motorcycles in the eightee's and some race cars.

For whatever reasons they are not as popular these days as they were 20 years ago.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)