View Single Post
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
What's the difference between the Weltmeister and sway-a-way? If it's the same, I gotta disagree Fred. I've driven my Turbo for 9 years on the track and an SC on the track for 4 years before that with the sway-aways. And I'm not talking about easy laps either.

I know a few guys inquired about the ER part for racing, but the part didn't do anything spectacular for the money.

Now just about everything else from weltmeister is bottom rung.
Elephant racing captures the ajustment secrew better, Weltys have the possibilty of the adjustment plate disengaging from the adjustment screw. You need to look at the design of each in detail to see what I mean. Doesn't mean its gonna happen to everyone but a design flaw none the less.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-02-2009, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)