View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben V View Post
I have checked through the hoses and connections and as far as I can see it all seems OK.
I have changed the fuel filter, also removed 2 of the accessable injectors which seem pretty clean, I sprayed carb cleaner through them first backwards holding the injector open and then secondly the correct way and the pattern doesn't look too bad either.

Another curious thing is another sympton has developed, the engine runs on for a second or so after keyed off?
There is an ignition delay relay on the rear electrical console that keeps the ignition on for about 4 seconds after you turn the key off to burn any possible left over fuel in the intake ports.

Did the run on start after you pulled the pintle up and backflushed the CIS injector?
If so you may have damaged it or it's seat, or the spring that holds it shut and now your injector is leaking down after you shut off the motor rather than shutting and holding something like 30psi against the accumulator spring loaded diaphram and fuel pump check valve like it's supposed to.
If thats happening than the ignition delay relay could cause the run on.

It's best to use a softer metal than steel like a thin strand of copper wire wrapped around the pintle and bent down the side of the injector to hold it up while backflushing them.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)