View Single Post
Automotive Monomaniac

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Mike - thanks for sharing - really great article, I enjoyed. One of the better reads I've had lately. Refreshing.

A fan I 'twas not whenst the 997tt debuted. Sure it was 'fast', just didn't win me over on looks and from what I heard (sadly yet to flog) they were somewhat removing to drive (involvement/tactile-wise).

Your piece and another I read on Winding Road have me immediately 180d - great to here so much change and the merrit'ing of a "1/2" chassis designation.

Now to scam me some me-time someway somehow sometime - oy.

Mike, I'm gonna PM you shortly...
Porsche understands that the 911 Turbo had drifted in the "wrong direction" (my words, not theirs) over the years. The 997.5 gen is a step back towards making a genuine sports car once again. It is fun to drive, light on its feet, and amazingly capable.

I've spent a lot of time with the Porsche team (executives, marketing, engineers, drivers, etc...) over the past year at various product launches (911 PDK, Boxster PDK, Panamera, 911 Turbo, etc...). They are die-hard car guys with true deep seated automotive passions. After hearing everyone around hear ***** about late-model Porsches, you get the feeling that all Stuttgart wants to do is make profits... but the designers and engineers are absolutely committed to performance and driving enjoyment. You hear it in their voices, and you see it in the latest products.

- Mike
Old 11-04-2009, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)