View Single Post
Wayah Road Warrior

Repost of number one

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
Alright Boys! here is our official thread for our fall get together. We have our basic itinerary mapped out and we'll have our routes mapped out for ya'll shortly. I know all the roads and where they go but I don't know their offical names. so Andy and I are going to have to spend a weekend driving them and writing down all the names to transfer to google maps for everyone here. but for now...

Friday Nov. 6th
meet up at Speedwerks between 5 - 7pm. hang out, bench race, drool over everything porsche that resides there.

SpeedWerks:
6 No. Robbins St.
Thomasville, NC 27360

we'll have a casual evening out with dinner at 8:30pm at Natty Greens downtown ( great casual atmosphere with plenty of scenery hanging around), and possibly a couple other spots after dinner.

Saturday Nov. 7th
We'll all meet up Saturday Morning at my house at 10:00am to head out on our Asheboro country side loop. the loop will be long enough that we'll stop for gas halfway through and grab a quick bite.

My house:
4309 Hoke Ln.
Greensboro NC, 27407

After our drive, everyone can get cleaned up and ready for dinner at 8:30 again.
we have reservations at MIX martini bar, a upscale casual restuarant that morphs into a martini bar around 10 pm...the crowds here on Saturdays are usually very good. we have a VIP area reserved should we choose to stay after dinner.
For those of you wishing to stay out for a night out on the town, we have a limo reserved for the evening that can pick everyone up at the hotel.

Mix Martini Bar
604 Milner Dr
Greensboro, NC 27410-4114
(336) 315-2100

Finally, to cap the night off, I have somthing special for those of you who wish to join in the hooliganisim that we are known for...I'm not saying anything, but those that were in the limo at turbopalooza will have an idea.

Sunday Nov. 8th

Early Morning! meet up at the hotel at 8:30 am sharp to caravan to our rendezvous point for our sunday drive that ventures up into the virginia mountains! we will have breakfast at a country store up past lovers leap, possibly stop for lunch on the way back to greensboro, and once we finish the drive, everyone can go their own ways untill Turbopalooza 2010.

as far as hotels in the area go, I know there is a nice double tree on High Point Rd. I'd reccommend everyone stay on high Point Rd south of business 40 and north of jamestown. this is a very central location and very easy to find.
here is a list of all the hotels right in that area. where you stay is your choice. but I do recommend the double tree.

A. Sheraton Greensboro Hotel At Four Seasons - Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide - Hotel Reservations with Best Rates, Guaranteed - (336) 292-9161 - 79 reviews

B. Drury Inn and Suites - www.druryhotels.com - (336) 856-9696 - 76 reviews

C. Ramada Greensboro - Ramada: Online hotel reservations, special hotel discounts, vacation packages and Wyndham Rewards - (336) 294-9922 - 97 reviews

D. Four Seasons-Park Lane Hotel - Untitled Document - (336) 294-4565 - 55 reviews

E. Doubletree Hotel Greensboro - Hotels, Clubs, Guest Suites and Resorts by Doubletree - Official Site Doubletree.com - (336) 292-4004 - 48 reviews

F. Best Western Greensboro Hotel - Greensboro Hotel NC, Greensboro Hotel in North Carolina. - (336) 297-1055 - 38 reviews

G. Holiday Inn Express Greensboro-(I-40 @ Wendover) Hotel - Holiday Inn Express Hotels | Reservations - (877) 863-4780 - 38 reviews

H. Red Roof Inn Greensboro Coliseum - Find Cheap Hotels & Motels, Discount Hotels & Hotel Deals | Online Hotel Reservations | Red Roof Inn - (336) 852-6560 - 30 reviews

I. Days Inn Four Seasons - Days Inn: Online hotel reservations, special hotel discounts, vacation packages and Wyndham Rewards - (336) 297-9158 - 54 reviews

J. La Quinta Inn-Greensboro - La Quinta Inns & Suites Official Site - Hotels, Reservations, Hotel Deals - (336) 316-0100 - 59 reviews

Stay tuned for me to post up our routes. and lets get our headcount in..
so far I have

RarelyL8
Miguel Antonett
xbmwguy
pkracer21j
tarheelturbo (possibly blacksheep)
juiceRSR
eimkeith
A930Rocket - maybe
McNeil141
stephen930
shadetree930
av winans
turboguy934
citrus
ferraripete

I think thats everyone, If I made any mistakes we can always edit.
If anyone has any questions for me feel free to give me a shout.
818-935-2793
Pete
This

Last edited by Shadetree930; 11-05-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)