View Single Post

I've got a TurboXS 1" C2 type recirculating aluminum BOV with brass piston and adjustable spring pressure so you can set when it opens.
It seem to work well but it's the only C2 type valve I've tried.
Since the inlet and outlets are both 1" male pipe like all the other Bosch VW/Audi/C2 replacements you can mount it sideways like 911st suggests.

As an experiment I'm going to reinstall my deceleration valve which opens at higher intake manifold vacuum than the BOV valve so it only opens during deceleration and vent it to atmosphere and see what differences there may be in turbo lag when upshifting.

The hose sizes on the decel valve are alot smaller than the BOV valve. The exit hose boss is only 7/16" ID so alot more air pressure is going to excape and recirculate from the BOV than the decel valve.
I'll put a small air adjustment valve in the vacuum line that acuates the decel valve or a small ball 1/2" ball valve on the outlet of the decel valve so I can adjust how much it opens or how much air it lets escape during decel.

If I like the result but not the sound it makes I'll route the decel valve's exit hose back to an unused port currently plugged on the air cleaner housing to help silence it.
If it doesn't do anything towards reducing turbo lag I'll take it back off so only the BOV is there.

It's just sitting around and I have a bunch of pieces of left over hose so it won't cost anything to experiment with it.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #59 (permalink)