View Single Post

Garage
When it comes to fitment of lambda, I am sure they know what they are talking about, although you did cause me to consider your comments. The original sensor was fitted before the turbo in the factory exhaust (with my new exhaust it is after), if heat was a problem in this area and the sensor couldn't deal with it Porsche would have had a problem from new! The purpose of 2 sensor is to diagnose both banks individually, there could be a fuelling issue on 1 bank alone. I was looking at a gt2 race car yesterday which had sensor bungs in the headers as it was running the eqivailent to zork tubes I guess there isn't the space after the turbos.

Your lambda comments I am still unsure, although reading up on it, it does appear to play a signicant part in accel enrichment it even ups it's pulse cycle after the 66degree throttle switch. Agreed it cannot signifcantly improve fuelling but by the looks of things it will
improve throttle response by increasing the fuelling by reducing the fuel pressure with the frequency valve.

Thanks

Ben
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)