View Single Post

Welcome aboard

What a great car to be on the hunt for. I purchased my 1987 930 cab a few years ago and have been very happy with it. Any high performance machine such as the 930 does require more than the basic maintainance, and more expensive too, but the rewards are also great. It took me at least three or four months (2-3k miles) just to start to get the feel of the car. The power is awesome to say the least. I have been lucky so far with serious issues, but I do know an engine rebuild is coming up somewhat soon and I expect around 10k for a solid "new" engine.
As far as I know the 1976-1979 models were imported into the US, then for several years the 930 was available for the rest of the world "ROW" cars. !987 was the next year the 930 was available in the US and that model ran till 1989. I would be careful with the ROW cars to make sure the correct documents are secured, and as always have a thorough PPI done by a reputable shop versed in the Porsche family and then hold on.
Best of luck and again welcome aboard.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)