View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by colossians323 View Post
IN Nor cal, and already own a tt Noble M400 and possibly converting to a single turbo, but I have always loved the wide bodied porsche, and figured I better take the plunge while prices seem to be pretty decent.

How can you tell from the vin number what is what?
I have my eye on a couple one 89 cabrio, and a 86 slant nose.
how often does is maintenance needed?
What is the life of the engine being driven hard?
Transmission?
Is buying an all stock car going to cost a lot of money to sort out?
never driven one, but if they are half as fun as the m400 it will be a blast!

Cheers
Noble are super rare? Were you on TV in the Supercar series? Does the shop owner who appeared on that show work on your Noble? If so, pretty cool.

I have a 88 930 cab. Look for grinding going into 2nd. make sure the car isn't pinging and it is 1 bar or below on boost. They could go south real quick.

General tune up of maintenance is a must. mine goes in for an oil change every year ( I put on 2000 miles per if I am lucky). Valve adj. every 10-15,000 miles. Driven hard like on the track? From What i know, they are pretty durable id you take care of them. I know a good few turbo owners have their motors rebuilt at 80 -100k miles. My was done at 30,000 by the previous owner for more hp (360 at the wheel, not much compare to some of the monsters here). Now it has 50,000 on it and has been trouble free so far. I am not sure if I can answer your last question. It really depends on who's car and who's doing the work. sometimes a modded car, if looked after properly, it can last a long time vs a stock car that had not been care for. Too bad you are up north, if not you are welcom to drive mine
Old 11-07-2009, 10:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)