View Single Post

New 964 to 965 guy w/pics and questions

Hello Pelican turbo guys. I have owned this 91 for 2 weeks now. 60,000 miles, original paint with Strosek exhaust muffler delete, supposedly 1 bar spring, H&R springs and that's it. I am the 4th owner and have been working non stop on it since I got it. Have changed all the fluids, fixed a big oil leak at a loose oil filter reciever, 3.8 motor mounts, 1 heater blower motor, new belts, new tires, alignment, buffed out the paint...... I have clear turn len's on the front now too.

Now my questions:

Paperwork says 1 bar spring but driving at wot it only gets to .7?
I drove it about 10 miles before I started all the work and now the tranny is sticking, like a bind, in 3, 4 and 5th gears on downshifts intermitently. If I drive calmly with the wife in the car no problem or if I match rpm's. Up shifts are fine. The clutch has 30,000 miles on it so I am sure this is it but a friend had a 91 that did the same thing so I am wondering if this is common? Motor mounts did not help but did stop a lot of rattles.

If the motor comes out for a clutch there goes the mod budget!
69 Vette Race Car since 1971
07 Z06 DD
Old 11-08-2009, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)