View Single Post

Andial used to have a sweet set up just for the C2T that mounted in one of the air vents but kept it functional. Or, you could use any after market gage.

On my car I had an Electronic Boost Controller that acted as my true boost gage. If I did it again I would just us a proper fixed spring and verify my boost & AFR's on the dyno. Then just count on the over boost switch for protection.

If thinking of a larger turbo that flows more air more efficiently in the higher RPM range a wide band the monitors you Air Fuel Ratios or checking on the dyno that you have enough fuel is a good idea. The stock turbo is very well matched on a C2T to the fueling limit of the stock fuel system and be capable of almost 400 fwhp. It also can not over boost past about 5500rpm.

If it has not been done, the best mod for a C2T is to delete the cat which is also a pre muffler. The stock muffler is a great performance muffler and should be kept.

After that gears make the next best change as the stock G50/50 is geared very high. Keep the tall first and tighten up the other gears. Will increase your average HP per gear significantly and make the car more drivable. I belive there are some inexpencive gears that can be moved over from the C2 or C4 normal transmissions.

Not an expert, just my opinion.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)