View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom84930 View Post
Forwheeler:
If I recall correctly, the 8/41 r&p was in the neighborhood of $2000. The transformation is mindblowing. i'm way too old to be street racing, but I must admit to a couple of stupid, but illustrative lapses. A little over a year ago I blew away a Mercedes AMG63 off of a stoplight for a couple hundred yards before I regained my senses and braked. This past spring i did the same thing to a Z06 between two stoplights. The car's freeway behaviour is definitey altered by significantly higher cruising rpms. It's a tradeoff I don't mind. If you can find s fellow-930 owner with an 8/41 or 8/37 it would be good to take a drive before you commit. If you happen to be in Minnesots between April and November I'd happily lend you mine.
I have the Andial 8/41. I cannot imagine getting a better holeshot than I do. I walked a modded mustang and I didn't drop the clutch, I let it out and then stepped on the gas afterwards from IDLE and still got instant redline in first gear, in 2nd gear I walked away.

The problem with 8/41 is that it is ONLY for the holeshot IMO. The rest of the time first gear is uselessly short. 4th gear is also too short although breath-taking in acceleration.

Custom gearing is better IMO. I need a longer 1st and 4th.

However if hard acceleration is your only goal, the 8/41 is PERFECT and I do not think you could change it for the better. Even a computer simlulation game which lets me customize gears on a 930 shows the 8/41 set-up is the fastest possible combo for acceleration.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)