View Single Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl8ton View Post
Mark you weren't trying to audition for "Metal Militia" were you

My choice of weapons in the 70's were:

Bultaco Astro (1/2 and 1/4 mile racing)
Honda 125 CR, Honda 250 CR, Husky 360, Maico 400 (MX)

At one point I would show up at a MX event and race three diff classes!
"Need for Speed" I know what you mean by this comment! The 930 certainly delivers this rush later in life doesn't it!
Although I eventually settled into Yamaha's, also did the Maico 400, 250 Elsinore, and Bultaco 250 Pursang route for awhile. Been looking for an old Sherpa T....thinking maybe I should graduate to something a little more mundane in a Trials bike. Would probably bore me to tears.....

I equate MX and cross country riding to downhill snow skiing....in both you have complete control of how far you want to push yourself to the edge and the adrenaline rush and freedom is exactly the same. The problem with the 930 is that it commands at least as much...if not more...respect, because a mistake at 100+ mph can do a lot more than break an ankle. God, I love 'em all!
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)