View Single Post
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I lost a lot of my paperwork when my computer crashed, but the C2T P&C are the fully finned ones correct? If so, that's what I used on my rebuild (87). We used the o-rings (and possibly a copper gasket IIRC). I'll have to ask my buddy to be sure, but there is a certain method to installing them to prevent leaks.
Yes, the C2T cylinders are fully finned. I used the C2T's in my '85 930, used the viton cylinder o-rings for the spigot bore and used the copper based shims to maintain the factory deck height. Be aware that the infamous cylinder/head oil seepage arose from these cylinder/head combination's in instances where no head gasket is applied. I had very small signs of that on my engine. I would recommend using either the factory gasket or have the heads and cylinders modified by Steve Weiner to get a perfect mating surface.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)